Releasing another monster of a vehicle, Audi recently officially launched the new R8 – a beautifully crafted automobile bred from racing championship DNA and packed with features that will make your head spin.
- mid-engine mounted
- Quattro technology permanent all wheel drive
- 32 valve, V8 engine
- 0-100 kph in 4.6 seconds with 420 horses under the hood and a top speed of about 300 kph
- FSI technology (the fuel is directly injected into the combustion chamber giving it better engine performance and combustion efficiency)
- Racing Style cockpit
- Monoposto cockpit integrated as an autonomous unit (it is laid out as an arc that wraps around the driver)
- Alcantara leather sport seats
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System
… and the list goes on and on.
Of course, I can only dream about getting my hands on one of these babies for a test drive, let alone owning one. So till I can actually figure out a way to convince Audi to lend me one of these bad boys, I’ll just continue visiting their website and drool.