Nestled in Ortigas Home Depot lies Bread Bag, a new eatery that brings back memories of great food, packaged in a more casual and budget friendly setting.
Backed by the tradition and quality of the old Casa Marcos, Bread Bag offers wallet friendly snacks and meals without sacrificing the taste and quality or scrimping on the quantity. Each pan de sal is a tasty treat, coming in at a hefty 50g per piece (and costs only PhP 6.00; a Baker’s Dozen [13 pieces, for those unaware of the term] goes for PhP 72.00).
But of course, the new eatery doesn’t stop at their famous pan de sal… Numerous variants of various viands are offered in either “Pan de Plato” or Sandwiches. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the items in the menu:
- Adobo – classic stew of pork and chicken in soy sauce, garlic and vinegar.
- Menudo – pork cubes sauteéd with potatoes, carrots and raisins in tomato sauce.
- Pan ala Cubana – sauteéd ground beef with tomato sauce, onions, raisins, fried banana and a sunny side up egg.
- Roast Beef – beef brisket braised in beef stock, soy sauce, tomatoes, garlic and onions.
- Calderetea – stewed beef short ribs in tomato sauce, bell peppers, garlic and onions.
- Chicken and Mushroom – chicken thighs strips with button mushrooms and special gravy.
- Corned Beef – house-cured beef brisket sauteéd in onions, topped with scrambled eggs. Served with garlic-mayo.
- Chicken Schnitzel – pan-fried and breaded chicken thigh fillet. Served with lettuce and tomato and house gravy.
- Longganisa – pan-seared special longganisa with lettuce and tomato. Served with sweet and spicy sauce.
- Sardines – best with sweet and spicy sauce.
- Embutido – Roulade of ground pork and beef, boiled egg, pickle relish and chorizo. Served with house gravy.
- Kesong Puti with Pesto – Laguna cheese with basil pesto, tomato and balsamic vinegar syrup.
Either choice is a hearty meal in itself, as the portions are quite large and generous in portions. And both the Pan de Plato and sandwich comes with a side of tasty kamote chips and a drink.
And if you’re wondering about the price, the meals start at Php 77.00 and only go as high as PhP 99.00, while the soup goes for PhP 33.00.
Bread Bag is located by Ortigas Home Depot, right beside Next Door restaurant and across I Love 80s.